Thursday April 23, 2009
Maharani rep makes health visits at villages
MUAR: Villagers in Muar division no longer need to go to private or government clinics for health checks as there is a regular health service available at their doorstep.
The service, provided free by Maharani assemblyman Dr Mohamad Taslim, includes checks for high blood pressure, sugar content, fever and other illnesses.
Accompanied by a few local PAS leaders, Dr Mohamad rotates his visits to provide the service for villagers in Sungai Balang and the Maharani constituency every month.
“I decided to give the villagers, especially those who are old, health checks shortly after I won the Maharani seat last year.
“It is important for the villagers to have regular checks and I don’t mind going to the villages to do it,” he said when met at his mobile clinic at a food stall in Kampung Parit Samsu here recently.
Dr Mohamad said, as a doctor operating a clinic in the town, he was obliged to serve the people.
He said, since the villagers could not come to his clinic, he decided to go to them and scheduled visits to small towns to set up temporary centres.
The assemblyman added that the centre could be a coffee shop or a road-side stall, and his office would distribute leaflets to inform villagers prior to his visits.
He said, since he had a tight schedule and could provide the service only from 5pm to 6.30pm, he decided to do it only Sundays.
Villager Miskam Kamis, 66, said that villagers, especially old women, appreciated Dr Mohamad’s service.
“I did not know I had high-blood pressure and diabetes until I came for a health check. Dr Mohamad is kind enough to give us the necessary medication and advice,” said Miskam, who operates a sugarcane juice stall in Parit Samsu.
Source: The Star 23 April 2009
Pejabat DUN Maharani
Dana Kebajikan DUN
- ► 2012 (62)
- ► 2011 (112)
- ► 2010 (259)
- ADUN MAHARANI BALIK KAMPUNG
- ADUN MAHARANI MAKES HEALTH VISITS
- CERAMAH MAULIDURRASUL DEWAN PEMUDA PAS MUAR
- ADUN MAHARANI TEMUI RAKYAT DI PARIT SAMSU MUAR
- DUN PENANTI: by-election or bye,election?
- KOTA ISKANDAR Mercutanda Baru Negeri Johor
- KENANGAN KEMPEN PRU12 SETAHUN YANG LALU
- MAJLIS PERASMIAN ''KOTA ISKANDAR'' PUSAT PENTADBI...
- ISU MAJLIS PERASMIAN KOTA ISKANDAR PADA 16 APRIL ...
- MAJLIS PERASMIAN KOTA ISKANDAR (Pusat Pentadbiran ...
- TAKZIAH UNTUK EN. KOH DAN KELUARGA
- BANTUAN KEBAJIKAN PERSEKOLAHAN DUN MAHARANI
- ▼ April (12)
- ► 2008 (32)